About Me

My name is Melissa and this is not my first attempt at weight loss, but this time I am determined to finish no matter how long it takes!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Staying on Track!

This morning I went grocery shopping (with a list) and only bought what I planned to buy! Then I came home and split up all my snacks into individual little bags because I realized I was spending so much on 100 calorie packs before. I already put dinner into the crock pot since I will be babysitting late tonight. Here's a great low point recipe:

Hamburg Soup
1 lb lean ground beef (cooked, rinsed, and drained)
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 celery stalk (chopped)
1 onion (diced)
1 lb carrots (chopped)
6 cups beef broth or vegetable broth
3 bay leaves
salt
pepper
pasta (I use ditalini, because its small)

Combine all ingredients (except pasta) and cook either on the stove or in a crock pot. (In a crock pot, I do 3 hours on high and then 5 hours on low so the vegetables get nice and tender.) On the stove it would probably only take 2 hours. Cook the pasta separately and combine when served.

This recipe is super easy and stores very well, even tastes better the next day!

Oh, and another tasty treat I found in a book that I'm reading is low point and taste just like a Reese's peanut butter cup :) It's a small jello chocolate pudding cup (I got sugar free but there is fat free too) and add a little bit of peanut butter (I did 1/2 ounce). Stir together and eat!

Today is my 27th day of the shred! Almost done!!! I have been surprisingly sore the past two days even though we have been doing the same workout for 7 days now. My pants have been getting really baggy on top which is a great sign... even my sweatpants! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment