About Me

My name is Melissa and this is not my first attempt at weight loss, but this time I am determined to finish no matter how long it takes!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Big Splurge!

Ughh.... so tonight me, my father-in-law and his friend went out to Stonewood Grill. The food there is so good... but here is what happened. Avoided ALL alcohol, ate 3 pieces of a flatbread app, 2 rolls, about 1/3 of my entree (blackened chicken pasta), and some chocolate bread pudding (which was sooooo good!). All of which was NOT point friendly. So, by guesstimating because NI is not online, I am two in the red right now, but weigh in isn't until Tuesday. I will get LOTS of activity points tomorrow and get back in the positives and hopefully still have a loss this week.

On another note... only ONE more day of the 30 day shred!! Then final measurements will be in! I am still not sure what kind of workout schedule I want to start next. Maybe some lifting and cardio dvds? Any suggestions are welcome :)

3 comments:

  1. Start c25k! (Couch to 5K). It takes you from a level of no running fitness to being able to run a 5K (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. It is an excellent program too- it's very slow building and realistic so you never overwork yourself and burn out. It is what took me from a non-runner to a half-marathoner! (Soon to be a full marathoner, hopefully!)

    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    That is the link to the plan. It is only 3 days a week, so you could potentially still do other activities a few times a week as well if you wanted to. When I started I was so out of shape I did nothing else at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have attempted c25k a few times, but always get interrupted by a trip out of town or something. We have a wedding to go to in 3 weeks so I think I will start when we get back from that! I am definately NOT a runner right now, but I have seen good progress from it in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that I did it because I convinced a few friends to do it with me- so we ended up strengthening our friendships while we were strengthening our bodies!

    Running is such a social sport too- I always am able to freely talk to people at the start line and throughout the longer races. I even made a buddy for one of my 5K's last year, and now she is my Facebook friend.

    :)

    ReplyDelete