About Me

My name is Melissa and this is not my first attempt at weight loss, but this time I am determined to finish no matter how long it takes!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

One of those days... and a Revelation!

Well, woke up to my 7-month old puppy, Penny, running around the house destroying a BLUE pen on my light tan carpets and found out from my husband that someone backed into my car. UH! Can't get the pen out of the carpet, but at least there are only a few scratches on my car from where someone may have hit it. All while trying to get done the 12 hours of statistics homework I have to do today because I procrastinated!

Anyways, picked up our other dog, Copper, today from the vet. He is being treated for heart worm and today was his last shot. Now, he just has another 4 weeks in his crate before he can go back to playing like normal. He is a 3 year old golden retriever mix that we adopted from our local humane society about 2 months ago. We think someone may have ditched him when they found out he had heart worm. He is the sweetest, most calm dog ever! Our other one, the little monster who ate the pen, is a 7-month old basset hound/ standard doxen/ lab mix. Also, from the humane society.

So, I named this blog "Sweet Success One Day at a Time" for a few reasons. One, success is SWEET, but I am also a pastry chef by education, but not currently. Also, because weight loss is just one day at a time, one meal at a time, one week at a time. It is not a change that happens overnight. I have struggled with weight loss for the past 3 years. I left college at 150 lbs after doing Weight Watchers the first time and moving in with my husband slowly put the weight back on... now at 179 lbs. Well, the ironic thing is that I can track my points and activity and LOSE weight, but have been struggling reaching my career goals. I am a Mary Kay Consultant who has been striving for directorship for over a year. For those of you familiar, I have been up and down the career path almost hitting DIQ (Director in Qualifications) at least once. I know EXACTLY what I have to do to make this happen, but yet still haven't been able to find the motivation to do it! Last night I was talking to my director and she said "You have to take it one day at a time, and get excited about what you can do today to reach those goals, and eventually they will come." When she was saying this I was smiling inside, but also wanted to kick myself because I have been doing this with weight loss and just not applying it to the rest of my life. But, today is a different day and that will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment