About Me

My name is Melissa and this is not my first attempt at weight loss, but this time I am determined to finish no matter how long it takes!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Ugh... Homework...

Friday is my homework day for my Masters classes... no fun! I try to get it done during the afternoon so I have the night to do what I want. So far, I have been avoiding starting and about to avoid more by watching the Bachelor that I missed on Monday night. lol I will start after that though! I will not get the munchies while doing my homework (for some reason this ALWAYS happens).

So, I have started a new book. It is called The Portion Teller by Lisa R. Young. So far I have been really enjoying it. It teaches you how to learn portions at a glance when you can't use measuring cups or a scale. It also has a chapter that teaches you your food personality (I can't wait to get to that chapter). There is also a lot of statistics in the book about how Americans are getting bigger and bigger EVERY day! Some of them are kind of disgusting. Did you know the small snack size candy bars are the same size the originals were when they first came out??? Yikes! Now we have King Size bars! I think this book will really help me when I am out, at a friends, or not cooking for myself to figure how much I am eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment